Thursday, April 23, 2009

we swim we bike we run therefore we tri

Gabe accomplished his goal of beating me and keeping his time sub 2 hours. And I accomplished my goal of not getting a flat. It was a fun race once again and there were new challenges on the re-designed course this year. Gabe finished in 1 hour and 50 minutes, I finished 5 minutes behind him. I've seen Gabe improve a lot in running and swimming over the past year. He has certainly become a stronger athlete which is fun to watch but harder to make beating him a goal.
Here are the distances for the course this year:

swim 800 m (1/2 mile)
bike 16 miles
run 5 k (3.2 miles)

The resort we stayed at is beautiful and our camera made it back with us this time. Whenever we get back from this race we always look for the next triathlon to sign up for. Last night we eased that excitement a little by running the Tempe earth day 5 k. It also gave us an entire new appreciation for our run times in the tri.

Looking...tough? before our swim

Setting up our transition areas

Just finished my swim, I wasn't so cheery after the bike and run I don't think, well maybe the run because there was a slip n' slide and free beer

1 comment:

aho girls said...

ok, how do you look so cheery and calm after you got out of the water. the 1st thing i am thinking is how quickly i can transition. i guess if i knew someone was waiting for me as i came out of the water i would smile at them and give them a thumbs up. i was grinning quite largely when i was finishing the marathon. congrats on the times! they are great!