Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Life without cable
...is amazing! In attempt to have more time on our hands and stop watching so much crap tv we've decided to unplug our cable. We have done this succesfully and happily for about 3 weeks now. Both gabe and i are amazed at how much time it seems like we have now AND how many books we can actually get through! It has been one of my better decisions of '08! :) I just finished Sunk Without a Sound to gear up for the river trip I am going on for work in July. Although I'm assuming no sinking will be going on (and if i do you better believe I'll be making sounds!) it was a grand book. It is about Glen and Bessie Hyde, the first couple (and first woman), to attempt rafting down the grand canyon in a large scow boat in 1928. It was a quick read and I highly recommend it. If you have books to recommend please share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The Time Traveler's Wife
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Life of Pi
Unbearable Likeness of Being
Thanks Joe! I've read Zen and Life of Pi and agree, both very good reads. I'll work on the other two
Post a Comment